Ceiling Collapse in Fairgrove Michigan Church
The ceiling of this church in the Thumb collapsed as a result of improper ventilation in the attic. The roof of this church had recently been replaced and was not vented properly causing for a build up of moisture in the attic. The extra weight on the insulation caused the plaster ceiling to fail, falling twenty plus feet to the floor. The collapse caused damage to the pews, organ, carpet, draperies and other various contents. SERVPRO was able to clean up the fallen debris and remaining ceiling. We also were able to have the pews repaired and cleaned. The Church was very pleased with the results.